Also Sprach Qohelet

Qohelet--A redneck philosopher? A mad man with a Muse? An urban legend? Just one more griper with a keyboard and an ISP? Read on and find out. Qohelet opines on politics, religion, culture, and even sports. Qohelet is a modern renaissance man.

ALSO SPRACH QOHELET

A plethora of punditry, a smorgasboard of smack.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

This is not a Christian blog

Yes, you read that right. Also Sprach Qohelet is not a Christian blog. It is simply a blog run by a guy who happens to be a Christian.

The modern evengelical community, in many ways, has chosen to isolate itself into its own sub-culture. It has its own books, music, movies, news-sources, blogosphere, yada, yada, yada. Impatient for Christ's return, they have gone ahead and pre-emptively "raptured" themselves out of this world and await Christ now in their own separate ghettos.

Count me out. I refuse to divide my life into two categories--the secular and the sacred. For the Christian, all things are sacred and all things are to be done for God's glory.

Titus 1:15 (ESV)
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV)
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

So on this blog you will find my rantings, musings, philosophizing, and humor to be across the board. I love poking fun at Southern culture because it is mine and I'm well-qualified to do so. I also love critiquing evangelicalism for the same reason I love lampooning leftist ideology because they are both such easy targets. However, while I number myself among the former, I definitely do not number myself among the latter.

I am a student of history, a southern Baptist, and somewhat of a libertarian. I happen to think it's a shame that most people shelter themselves from all opposing viewpoints whether it comes to theology or ideology. After all, if your truth claim is the real deal, then it should be unassailable, should it not? What then are you afraid of? I love the blogosphere because it is the modern townhall where people gather together and match wits in the arena of ideas. Just lay it all out and may truth win the day, I say.

So if you're the type who feels insecure when straying away from your own little circle of safe, Christian sites, you'll probably feel a little bit nervous here. As I said, this is not a Christian blog. This is just Qohelet's blog, and Qohelet is a Christian not afraid to get his lilly white robes sullied by rubbing elbows with the sinners from time to time.

The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home